Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3 days and I'm gone!


I leave for Edinburgh, Scotland on friday, today is tuesday. I decided to start this blog before leaving, first of all because, im just really excited about the trip, and because I've been doing a lot of getting ready the past couple days. Going to Scotland is much easier than going to many other countries around the world. I'm a little scared that I'm going to get to Scotland and they're going to be like, "umm...sorry, actually we aren't going to let you into the country." And then I would just travel the world for a semester, I think I could handle that, but seriously...I better make it there. This is the first time that I'll be spending any time outside of the US in a developed, not third world country. If I were going to Tanzania or Ecuador and forgot an important document, I could probably beg my way into the country. I dont think Scotland works the same way.


Like I said, Ive spent the last couple of days preparing for Scotland, packing and repacking, stocking up on things I might use, becuase I know things are going to be expensive. When I went to Tanzania four years ago I could pack forty pounds more than I can for Scotland. So, I'm about to drive to Waco one last time before leaving the country until December. I guess 3 months isnt really that long, but I know I'm going to miss everyone and miss out on a lot of fun and memories while I'm away for the semester. But travels and adventures are in my blood and the thought of what's ahead kind of makes me feel at home.


I'll try to update my blog regularly while I'm in Scotland. It might be boring, but for those of you who really love me, you'll read it anyway...jk. :-) I'm new to this blog stuff, so we'll see if I can figure it all out.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Claire Bear! You are going to be so great and Scotland will love you! You're the bravest adventurer of us all!