Monday, September 21, 2009

The wonderful world of retail

I'm just writing a short little blog mostly out of frustration, but don't worry I'll post another one soon that will be more upbeat and hopefully entertaining. It's 11:32 right now and I'm about to go for training at Pier 1 Imports. I should be excited about this right? or should I? This will be the third "job training" session I will be going to in the past two weeks...yes, this is my third job in two weeks. I will learn how to smile and say, "Hi, how are you doing today? What can I help you with?" I'll learn all about loss prevention and customer service and running stock and how to sign people up for credit cards, there will be lots of paper work Seriously...I don't know how people work retail on a regular basis, cause I feel like it is quickly killing my soul.(Maybe I'm a little dramatic.) I'm sitting at Panera right now, I've been searching for jobs online for the past two hours. This has become a routine the past couple weeks, search and search and seach, apply.....wait for a response....nothing. BUT when it comes to retail, apply, get called back, get hired immediately. I kind of feel like God is playing a joke on me, but I'm not finding it very funny. Oh, and I just realized I left my social security card at home, so now I have to run home get that and be late to my first day at Pier 1. perfect, haha.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Sweet Clairius Barius!

I hope the first day went wonderfully! I know you will be superb at the job!

Love!